Tell me a Pokemon and I'll tell you exactly what I think about it!

19.7.11

Haunter


Suggested by =Netbug009


Have you ever tripped up for no apparent reason? Or been somewhere completely alone and heard an inexplicable noise? The chances are you’re being stalked by Haunter, and if that’s the case then you, my friend, are doomed. They hide in the shadows of abandoned caves or houses, ready to take the life of the next living thing which walks by. It doesn’t matter if you’re a Pokémon or a human, Haunter’s gonna get ya.

Don’t believe in ghosts? Try telling that to Sabrina; when she was a child a Haunter killed all her Pokémon while they slept by entering their dreams and scaring them to death. Of course, Haunter can only use Dream Eater when you’re asleep, so when you’re awake you’re completely safe, right? No. Haunter has this nasty habit of licking its victims. As if being licked by a horrible purple monster wasn’t bad enough, something in its saliva causes the victim to shudder constantly until they eventually die. My only question is this: does the victim shudder for, say, a few hours and then die quickly, or do they go on living their natural lives, shuddering all the while, until they die of something else? I would certainly hope it’s not the latter because this would seriously impair your day-to-day life; what an effort it would be to sip hot drinks or to throw darts. Your handwriting would go downhill a lot too. 

Either way, it would appear that Haunter is not the kind of ghost you’d want to meet on a dark night. It might not even be a ghost at all; its ability to pass through walls is linked to the fact that it’s from another dimension. So does this mean Haunter is actually alive, but is trapped between our dimension and another? Maybe all ‘Ghost’ Pokémon are like that. I’m pretty sure when a Pikachu dies its ghost isn’t going to look like a Gastly. From this I think it’s safe to assume that Haunter and other Ghost Pokémon aren’t dead, but are easily confused with Ghosts because they share a lot of the same characteristics.

But what do I know? Ghost or not, I certainly wouldn’t want to bump into a Haunter any time soon, let alone catch one! I think I’ll sleep with my lights on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment