Tell me a Pokemon and I'll tell you exactly what I think about it!

17.7.11

Shroomish

If Wooper is the master of the permanent happy face, then I declare Shroomish the master of the permanent ‘IMMA FUCKIN’ KILL YOU’ face. I don’t know why this Pokémon always looks so pissed off, it’s like someone went round to all their houses and deliberately inserted a prickly twig up all their asses. That being said their houses are actually piles of rotting leaves, so it’s no wonder they find it hard to smile.


Shroomish’s appearance is based on mushrooms. My guess is that the designers took inspiration from the mushrooms they had been taking to help them come up with the previous 284 Pokémon. Shroomish releases a poisonous powder from its head when it feels threatened, so the next time you are strolling through the forest on a fine autumn day, don’t go kicking any large piles of leaves if you value your lungs’ ability to inhale and exhale.


The angry face and the green spots suggest that Shroomish is a rather hostile Pokémon, but something tells me that beneath it's hardened exterior lies a friendly little character. I'm sure if you got to know Shroomish he'd really be a fun guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment