Tell me a Pokemon and I'll tell you exactly what I think about it!

17.7.11

Wooper


Wooper is by far one of my favourite Pokémon, and I have never really understood why. I think it’s the face that gets me, it’s so unbelievably happy all the time! Wooper is based on a type salamander called Axolotl, but to me it looks more like it’s a blue melon with a TV antennae lodged in its brain. 

Wooper can learn Ice Punch; but to be honest I can’t see him winning many battles with that attack. Having no arms might be a bit of a handicap if you ask me. I can’t see Wooper winning many battles at all actually, I can’t help but think any Pokémon with a decent pair of legs could just rugby kick its gleeful little face into the sky never to be seen again. That being said Wooper might just obliterate any incoming Pikachu or Magnemite simply because it is completely unaffected by electricity. This dual water/ground type has its advantages, but also makes it vulnerable to grass attacks; one tiny graze from a Bellsprout’s Vine Whip would probably send it into a coma.

Now if you’re anything like me, then upon seeing this Pokémon for real you would just want to pick it up and give it a hug. Don’t. When on land it coats itself with a toxic film. Some people believe this is a form of defence against other big nasty Pokémon. Others say it just helps keep Wooper’s body hydrated so it can cope out of water. But the truth is Wooper does it for the sick pleasure of seeing the looks of agonising pain on innocent children’s faces after they have bent down to pat him on the head.

So, like everything cute and fluffy (minus the fluff), I think we can safely say that there is a dark side to Wooper hidden behind its cheerful smile. However, if you are afraid that some local Wooper have a sinister plan up their hypothetical sleeves then don’t panic, just through a handful of leaves at them and they will run away screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment